At the end of last week we announced that we're launching The Rural PR Academy for small rural tourism businesses and we're really excited about it.
But we know it's a big commitment, so we thought we'd break it down a bit further for you and highlight how the Academy can help your business. Especially as, if you join in March you can trial it for free to see how you get on.
If you're a small tourism business owner and you recognise the importance of PR but aren't quite sure how to go about it, then this is the package for you...
For £100 a month we'll work with you to help build up your PR strategy, get you noticed in the media and hone your communications skills.
Here's a bit more about what the mentorship programme includes:
- A digital starter pack setting the scene for your PR strategy.
- This will be a series of questions relating to you and your business to help us get an idea of what it is you do and what audience you're targeting so that we can tailor content to you.
- Access to monthly content focused on a specific target area.
- Each month we'll have a theme, starting out small and building up to a full PR strategy. Topics will include audience, website, social media platforms, press releases and working with the press.
- We'll also highlight events taking place that month that you can use to boost your PR.
- Facebook group membership and networking opportunities with other rural tourism business owners.
- This will be our online community to discuss topics, share successes and network.
- We'll also organise some Facebook live posts and introduce you to key players in the media.
- A joint storage drive to build resources and manage PR.
- This will be a shared resource where we can store images and information which will need to be accessible for responding to and building up engagement with the press.
- Unlimited journalist requests.
- This is what sets us apart and makes the package such great value for money. As well as building up your proactive PR strategy, we'll also start working straight away to respond to journalist enquiries and build your media portfolio. We'll be adding opportunities to the Facebook group daily.
- Discounted bespoke PR support (if you need a helping hand).
- I know all of this might sound daunting, so if you need any extra support along the way, you'll benefit from discounted services including copywriting, press lists and distribution.
Initially, we'll be limiting membership to just 20 places so that we can provide the best service for you. Megan will act as your mentor, using her own knowledge and experience as a senior journalist and accredited PR to help to steer you in the right direction for your business.
Find out more about her and her experience.
If you have any questions or for more information, please get in touch.